Cancer in children is never a subject that is particularly fun to research or write about. At Amigos De Los Ninos we of course prefer to write about all of the wonderful recovery stories of all the children that were assisted in getting proper treatment. However, those recovery stories always start with a diagnosis, a lot of this information can be found all over the web, but we wanted to share this information as well. Early detection is important and recognizing these symptoms early is important to get started on the road to recovery.
You can visit the Pediatric Oncology Resource Center for more information.
- Unexplained weight loss. Although this may be a sign of other issues, it can also indicate certain types of Cancer.
- Headaches early in the morning, or swelling and pain in joints, bones, legs and back.
- Any lump or mass on the body.
- Heavy bleeding, constant rashes, bruises.
- Constantly recurring infections
- Nausea and vomiting that is constant
- Vision changes which come on suddenly
- Fevers that are persistent and have no cause i.e. no cold or flu, just random fever.
Again it is very important to keep in mind that some of these symptoms may not be a sure sign of Cancer. But if you find yourself not knowing where to turn if your child or a someone you may know has a child experiencing these symptoms, Call Amigos De Los NInos today. Helping to early diagnose and treat these conditions provide the best opportunity at returning to a healthy normal life. This article is one in a series of article we will release, regarding symptoms, diagnosis, and planning treatment. For any more information please visit our website and plan a visit to our Cabo San Lucas office.